Spirit Life Church exists for the purpose of:
1. Gathering: To encourage people to become a part of God's family and community of believers.
2. Giving: To equip people to be workers in the Kingdom of God by using their spiritual gifts to serve others and build a prevailing church.
3. Growing: To edify people to full maturity in Christ and to become all God has called them to be in life and ministry.
4. Going: To evangelize by telling others what God has done and how they can receive also.
5. Glorifying: To exalt God in all that we do and say. By doing this we become lights to those around us and become an example for the world to see.
Restoring lost people to God. Equipping believers for fruitful service.
Our Mission is to fulfill the Great Co-Mission (Matthew 28:19-20)
Mat 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
1. Share the "good news" of God's love and forgiveness. (His Eternal Life)
2. Disciple (equip) believers to fulfill their destiny. (His Eternal Plan and Purpose)
Our Ministry is Restoration (Isaiah 58:12)
Isa 58:12 Those from among you shall build the old waste places; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.
1. Restoration of the lost and broken to God by being a "Repairer of the Breach."
2. Restoration of Purpose and Destiny by being a "Restorer of Paths to dwell in."
As a Community of Believers We Value:
Growing continually. People are growing together continually in order to fulfill their purpose in life. People are being equipped uniquely to become all they can be in God.
Loving exceptionally. People are loved and accepted for who they are and where they are.
Forgiving unconditionally. People are forgiven unconditionally because God has forgiven us unconditionally.
Encouraging relentlessly. People are encouraged relentlessly to fulfill their God-given potential and become what God has called them to be.
Living victoriously. People live victoriously because God answers their prayers and empowers them with wisdom and strength.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
The members of Spirit Life Church share a common philosophy of ministry:
Our philosophy stems from what we believe the heart of God is for a local family of believers. It is not an idealistic doctrine with teachings that cause us to deny the realities of sinful behavior or activities. It is not a legalistic teaching of do's and don'ts that cover up a deceitful heart of corruption with outward acts of religion.
Our philosophy is based on a realistic acceptance of who we are as a fallen people. We realize that Jesus is our only hope since He is constantly working in and through us:
• redeeming our weaknesses,
• forgiving our sins,
• healing our hurts, and
• restoring us out of our fallen-ness.
It is in this context of total dependence on God that His Spirit equips us to use special enablements called "spiritual gifts." With this God-given ability we are empowered to reach out to others who are fallen, hurting, and searching for help. Thereby we bring hope and healing to all people; not just a special, elite group who measure up to our form or method of Christianity.
This is the reason why God has given us our vision.
God chooses imperfect, sinful human beings. Even when we make mistakes, have bad days, bad motives and bad attitudes, He still empowers us with His Spirit, His gifts and His revelation! Amazingly, if we are just willing to grow and change we imperfect humans are transformed into what God has called us to be. He never gives up on us. No matter how long He has to work or how much we need to change, He just keeps changing, restoring, and using us...forever!